Tips for Hosting or Staying Overnight During the Pandemic
Anyone you plan to visit, visiting you or someone you live with, such as a college student, is at
increased risk for giving you the virus.
1. Visitors should launder clothing and masks and stow luggage away from common area
2. Wash Hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially upon arrival
3. Wear masks while inside the house. Masks may be removed for eating, drinking and
4. Improve ventilation or placing central air by opening windows and doors and placing
central air and/or heating on continuous circulation
5. Spend time together outdoors. Take a walk and stay 6 feet away from others.
6. Encourage guests to avoid singing or shouting and keep music low so they do not have
7. Provide or encourage attendees to bring and use hand sanitizer.
8. Limit contact with commonly touched surfaces or shared items such as serving utensils
9. Clean ad disinfect commonly touched surfaces
10. Encourage guests to bring food and drinks for themselves and for members of their own
household only and avoid potluck gatherings.
11. Wear mask when preparing food for or serving food to others who do not live in your
12. Limit people going in and out of where food is being prepared
13. Change and launder linen items immediately after the event. May be better to use
paper for everything (tablecloths, napkins, plates, plastic forks, knives, spoons.
It is important to talk with people you live with and your family and friends about the
risks of traveling or entertaining in your home.
Enjoy the Holidays and BE SAFE!